Sunday, August 13, 2006

A few general points about my plans

This post is just an update on what I'm actually planning to do, following the bit of soul-searching from earlier on.

Given the state of the middle-east at the moment, and the heartfelt advice from quite a few of my friends and readers, I've decided not to go to Israel this year.

I'm going to set up camp in the South of France (or possibly Barcelona) and try and get a job.

My general trek around the country has turned into a reconnaissance mission to find my future hometown. I have Toulouse, Montpellier, Avignon and Marseille amongst my top few.

Comments and emails about experiences in any of these places would be lovely. Thanks all.

Rob x x x

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:28 pm

    Duuude!! Keep meaning to email you. But then I don't. So I thought it would be a good idea to get myself up to date before I ask any superfluous questions.

    Glad to hear you decided not to go to Israel just yet. This also means that it will be much easier for me to come visit you. I've been to Marseille and it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's not particularly clean or safe. If it wasn't on the coast it would have nothing going for it. I'd definitely recommend Barcelona! More and more do I hear nothing but goodness of this gorgeous city. And Spanish won't be hard to pick up. I'll give you pointers ; )

    I was just about to ask you whether you have purchased a phone so I can call you but as I read ahead I see an entry entitled 'My new phone' so I shall wait until I read that.

    Peace, Love and Productivity

    Alan

    ReplyDelete