Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm a teacher!

Done! Done and done! Done and done and dusted!

I've taught my first ever paid, professional lesson. And, my, didn't it go well?

It was 2 hours, but didn't feel too long. My 3 students were attentive and interested and asked the right questions and knew and didn't know what they were supposed to know and not know.

It's all very lovely.

All I need to do now is find a way to occupy the remaining 166 hours of the week.

I'm trying to put myself about as much as possible, and things are looking reasonably hopeful. The school for whom I'm teaching right now have already told me that March will be a lot busier and that they're 'reserving' lots of hours for me to teach once the contacts are signed. Let's hope so.

But, for now I can at least say that I've done my first day of paid work since December (and have a proper employment contract for the first time since June 2006) so all is looking good.

As for the house hunt: well, that's another story. And it's one I haven't even begun to write about yet. I guess what I'll do is stay here in the warm, free, internet-furnished home of Sophie's dad until... well, until I have my first pay cheque maybe? Until I find something else? Until he gets sick of having me scrounge of his generosity (although I'm doing all my own shopping so it's not really costing him anything other than a bit of privacy).

Let's see what happens, eh?

See you around,
Rob

p.s. My postal address should anyone feel postally inspired:
Rob Levy, chez Bertrand Lebrou
9 Rue Des Veaux
Strasbourg 67000
FRANCE

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:19 pm

    Hello Rob, I'm Mickael. I met you in Montpellier, do you remember ? Je viens sur ton blog de temps en temps pour me tenir au courant de ce que tu fais. Are you living in Strasbourg now ? J'espère que tout va bien pour toi.
    Peace.
    give me news : champimagique@yahoo.es

    ReplyDelete