Thursday, July 06, 2006

A roadtrip sounds like a great thing. It fills the mind with thoughts of convertible vehicles, nevadan desert plains, louche girls in summer dresses smoking loosely rolled cigarettes as Jimi Hendrix fades tastefully in, obligingly playing his most recognisable riffs one last time from beyond the grave.

I can tell you about a roadtrip: This one. Mine. Ours. And I can tell you it accompanied with a very small number of snaps that I took along the way.

The journey that began with a wedding in the South-West of England

and went via an unglamorous spot on the M11, punctuated by a beautiful Dover sunset and a 10pm cruise, ended with a long drive through the night. There are a few pictures here

We arrived at around noon (that's 25 hours after I left Devon, for those that want to be boggled by facts) and all seemed pretty happy.

That's the travel part of the blog over. I'll go on and talk a little bit about life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment