Saturday, December 10, 2022

Snap!

Snap! And just like that I'm back in the 21st Century. Sleek clean cars, road signs and kerbside litter.

Amnon and Dalia have just dropped me off at Yodfat Junction, less than 10 minutes' drive from the farm and I'm on my way to my first weekend since I arrived nine days ago.

I've got two nights and three days of freedom before I return, by which time the crucial date at which some other volunteers arrive will have drawn nearer. A German girl is spoken of. Daphne might even grace us once again.

Since I've bought nothing but a single pack of AA batteries in nine days, I reckon I've got the budget to splash out on an actual hotel once I get to Haifa. My trunks are optimistically in my bag. But for now, all the budget in the world can't save me from a 27 minute wait at the cold roadside waiting for the 265 which will take me to comfortable cosseted glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment